Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008 everyone!

I can't believe how fast the past year went. It seems like just yesterday it was 2007… oh wait. Ha I am funny!

Here is a short list of some New Years Resolutions. I figure that by putting them in a public forum, I will be more likely to follow them/not completely abandon them by February 1st.

1. Cut back on the yelling. I do not need to yell as much as I do.
2. Cut back on the cursing near Daddy (I like to say the F word, but I will try to curb it when I am in Encino. That is a fair compromise I think.)
3. Follow the budgie (aka budget) that Jeremy made me. Trust me, it SUCKS. This one will be hard. Only one pair of shoes per month. Blah.
4. Try to be “greener”. I already have been trying to cut back on paper usage, plastic bags, etc, so I will keep doing it. I don’t think I’m at the point where I’m about to buy a Prius, but you never know.
5. Start working on my novel. Some of you may know that in the past, I have started a few stories that I thought eventually could be novels, but never managed to stick with it. This time, I’ve got a title and a story that I think could actually work… we’ll see what happens if I stop dicking around on Facebook and actually put my mind to something. Who knows, maybe 2008 will be the year I get famous! (And by that I mean more famous than I am now. If I get really famous, I’m moving into Vizkaya and only shopping at Neiman Marcus.)

There are more but I am already annoyed so I am quitting listing them while I am ahead.

Moving on. I saw this cartoon in last month’s Glamour and managed to figure out how to scan it, crop it, and post it (that is impressive considering my lack of knowledge of how to work technological machines. It just shows my dedication to the blog!). I thought it was fabulous and I might add one or two (or all) of those resolutions to my own list!




So, Happy New Year again. I am excited to see what fabulous shenanigans 2008 will bring!

No comments: