Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cross Ya Fingers

Rumor on the street is that the Writers Strike is over. I was driving home from work today when I heard on the radio that Michael Eisner was saying a deal had been made. CNN, however had nothing – but CNBC had the story, which you can read here.

PLEASE GOD LET IT BE TRUE. The Oscars are only a few weeks away and I will be DEVASTATED if they are canceled. Like, I might actually cry. I will die of happiness if the strike is over in time. Ever since they canceled the Golden Globes, I’ve been in SERIOUS need of some red carpet action. Everyone better be crossing their fingers! I don't care if you don't care about this - do it for me!

Other noteworthy information:
- Britney Spears is still roaming the streets. I literally fear for the safety of the general public. I NEED her to be put back in the hospital. I NEED her to get better.

- Kirsten Dunst is in rehab. Is EVERYONE in rehab? Celebrities disgust me. Also, I own a pair of Kirsten Dunst’s shoes. So now I own a pair of an alcoholic’s shoes. Cool.

- Mitt Romney has suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nominee. I am somewhat okay with this. Follow my train of thought: now the Republicans are basically left with John McCain as their nominee. John McCain is coming under fire from his party for not being conservative enough. Maybe if he becomes the nominee, that will piss off members of the party, who will not vote for him, leaving the Democrat to win easily. Thus is my logic. I am aware it is deeply flawed.


Also, I can't believe I'm saying this in a public forum, but I think Mitt Romney is hot. I have confessed; let us never speak of this again.

I need to make a special shout-out to one Mr, Spencer Lubitz, who was on the phone with me when my toilet randomly decided to explode last night. Incredibly, Spencer knew exactly what to do, and calmly told me what I needed to do to fix it. I didn’t even have a chance to panic because he helped me so quickly. I still can’t even believe it… I was definitely unaware that fixing toilets was one of Spencer’s talents. Let’s have a big hand for Spencer, Celebrity Plumber to the Stars.

Tomorrow is Friday! Yayyyyy!

No comments: