Wednesday, March 5, 2008

An Exciting Day :)

So I was romping around the valley last night so I did not get a chance to blog… sorry! It’s hard to sit down at the computer when you are distracted by an intense Battle of the Brains with your father concerning an episode of Cash Cab. Damn those Red Light Challenges.

So I’ll be totally honest – I have no fucking idea what happened last night in the primaries. I know that Obama won Vermont, but Hillary won the other three, including Texas and Ohio, except Texas hasn’t fully counted votes yet, because of something having to do with the caucus? I have no idea what’s going on. Why does Texas get voting and caucusing? That means their votes are counted twice and that is way not fair.

In other campaign news, Huckabee dropped out of the race, and John McCain officially became the Republican nominee for the 2008 presidential race. And this morning, George W. Bush endorsed him for president… yeeeeeeeahhhh. I shouldn’t even touch that. I know it’s my blog and I can say whatever I want but the whole thing grosses me out. For some reason the Republican party just seems so weird and incestual and closeted to me. I actually don’t hate John McCain but I do hate George Bush, so his endorsement just makes the whole thing awful in my eyes.

Instead, we can talk about reality TV, my absolute favorite subject. New season of America’s Next Top Model = coming along nice and trashy. I laughed out loud when that random blonde girl decided to take herself out of the competition because she doesn’t “believe in expensive clothes.” Honey, you don’t have to believe in them, you just have to wear them and look good. Although she probably couldn’t manage the second part, considering she looked like Reese Witherspoon would look if she got smashed in the face with a truck. Also, I know I say this every season but I am already obsessed with the plus-size model. Whitney is totally beautiful and I think she is the only one who actually looks like a model, rather than the backwoods trailer trash and transvestites Tyra plucked from the streets of Buttfuck, Idaho.

Quick Idol review – as always, David Archuleta is my boyfriend. I really want him to take me to senior prom! I would totally promise to behave and not be a weirdo or anything. Last week Marcela informed me that “chuleta” in Spanish means “little piece of pork”, and I now refer to David Archuleta as such. As in, “The little piece of pork is totally going to win American Idol so everyone else can just go home now.”


Also even though Jason Castro really freaks me out everytime I look at him (he IS PeeWee Herman. COME ON!), his song is the only one out of all of them that I downloaded from ITunes AND searched for the lyrics on Google (Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, if you’re curious).

baby i've been here before
i've seen this room and i've walked this floor
i used to live alone before i knew you
i've seen your flag on the marble arch
but love is not a victory march
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah
hallelujah...

well there was a time when you let me know
what's really going on below
but now you never show that to me do you
but remember when i moved in you
and the holy dove was moving too
and every breath we drew was hallelujah

well, maybe there's a god above
but all i've ever learned from love
was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
it's not a cry that you hear at night
it's not somebody who's seen the light
it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah


So beautiful. I love that song and am going to be playing it nonstop. But anyway, Project Runway finale tonight! My money is on Jillian, partly because she’s good, partly because its time for a woman to win again (Bravo, I love you, but you’re KILLING ME with the male bias. If a woman doesn’t win Top Chef this year I’m gonna flip), and partly because it will be AMAZING to watch what Christian does if he doesn’t win. Can you imagine? He’s totally gonna lose it!

And other exciting news – TODAY I GOT A BONUS! GO ME :) I wonder what pair of shoes I can buy with my new money?!

No comments: