Sunday, April 27, 2008

THIS IS IT!

So, ladies and gents, in exactly four and a half hours at the ungodly hour of 4:00 in the morning, I will be arriving at LAX to begin my journey on March of the Living 2008... I can't believe it!

I think it goes without saying that packing all my shit in ONE suitcase was a fucking O R D E A L... but I think I have managed to do it. I hope it zips. Seriously. (For those of you who are curious -- I bought sneakers (no WAY would I ever wear hiking boots) and have packed a small backpack, but also a leopard print Betsey Johnson tote, just in case!)

I am very excited but very nervous... every adult I run into says the exact same thing "We're so proud of you." That's so nice to hear, but at the same time, what are they proud of me for? I didn't do anything special... YET :) I feel lucky that I am able to be a part of this. I know it will change my life.

So, this is my last post on DFWF for the next two weeks. HOWEVER, as you may know, I am blogging this trip live everyday from Poland and Israel for the Federation, and this is how you will be able to read what we are doing and seeing everyday!

March of the Living 2008 blog: www.mytripjournal.com/la-motl2008
Password: MOTL2008

I will be able to recieve emails on my Blackberry, so please feel free to email me lots (jordanmarisasilverman@gmail.com)! Have a great two weeks and I can't wait to share my experience with all of you when I come back!

No comments: